Student Health’s pharmacy offers a convenient location, dependable service, and competitive prices for enrolled students of Iowa State University.
Located inside the main doors of Student Health, the pharmacy provides access to the pharmacy staff, as well as privacy when picking up prescriptions. A private consultation room is available for confidential conversations.
Three full-time pharmacists and a full support staff fill prescriptions, assist in over-the-counter product selection and provide information about medications.
The pharmacy is handicap accessible. Patient parking is available next to the clinic, and a parking permit can be obtained at the check-in desk.
- Prescriptions from healthcare providers licensed in the United States are accepted. Your prescription does not have to come from Student Health.
- Student Health’s healthcare providers are able to transmit prescriptions directly to the pharmacy. Check in with the pharmacy after your appointment if this service is chosen.
- The pharmacy is an approved pharmacy for the ISU Student and Scholar Health Insurance Pharmacy Program and the Graduate Assistant and Postdoctoral Research Associate Pharmacy Program.
- To refill a current prescription, you can use our 24-hour telephone service. Just call us at 515-294-7983 and follow the prompts. We’ll even text you when your prescription is ready for pick-up if you’d like! It usually only takes a couple of hours.
- Telephone service is monitored during business hours – for messages left after hours, you will be sent a text message to let you know when it’s ready the following day (if you have signed up for the text notification service).
- Active prescriptions located at another pharmacy can be transferred to the pharmacy by pharmacy staff. We’re happy to help you transfer the prescription. We just need a phone number of pharmacy where your prescription is located, and we’ll take care of the rest!
- No need to go off campus for cold medicine! A variety of over-the-counter products are available in the pharmacy and available for your browsing and quick purchase.
- Most prescription medications are stocked in the pharmacy and can be filled quickly. Special orders can easily be arranged and are usually available the next business day.
Charges and Insurance
- Please bring prescription insurance card to the pharmacy for filing electronic prescription claims.
- Prescription records are kept on file, and we can generate reports for manual filing or spending accounts if you need them!
- Pharmacy charges that insurance does not cover, including over-the-counter products, are charged to your u-bill; it may take up to a month for this to show on your bill.
- Payment can also be made at time of pick up.
If you have any questions, please contact the Student Health pharmacy at 515-294-7983.