Student Health’s pharmacy offers a convenient location, dependable service, and competitive prices for enrolled students of Iowa State University.
Located inside the main doors of Student Health, the pharmacy provides access to the pharmacy staff, as well as privacy when picking up prescriptions. A private consultation room is available for confidential conversations.
Three full-time pharmacists and a full support staff fill prescriptions, assist in over-the-counter product selection and provide information about medications.
The pharmacy is handicap accessible. Patient parking is available next to the clinic, and a parking permit can be obtained at the check-in desk.
- Prescriptions from healthcare providers licensed in the United States are accepted. Your prescriptiondoes not have to come from Student Health
- Student Health’s healthcare providers are able to transmit prescriptions directly to the pharmacy. Check in with the pharmacy after your appointment if this service is chosen.
- Medication information can be provided in 19 different languages to ensure you understand your medications.
- The pharmacy is an approved pharmacy for the ISU Student and Scholar Health Insurance Pharmacy Program and the Graduate Assistant and Postdoctoral Research Associate Pharmacy Program.
- 24-hour telephone service for refill requests. We’ll even text you when your prescription is ready for pick-up if you’d like!
- Telephone service is monitored during business hours – for messages left after hours, please call ahead to ensure that your prescription is ready before you pick it up.
- For a refill request, please allow two hours for it to be processed.
- Active prescriptions located at another pharmacy can be transferred to the pharmacy by pharmacy staff. We’re happy to help you transfer the prescription. We just need a phone number of pharmacy where prescription is located.
- Most prescription medications are stocked. Special orders can be arranged and are usually available the next business day.
- A variety of over-the-counter products are available for purchase.
Charges and Insurance
- Please bring prescription insurance card to the pharmacy for filing electronic prescription claims.
- Prescription records are kept on file, and we can generate reports for manual filing or spending accounts if you need them!
- Pharmacy charges that insurance does not cover, including over-the-counter products, are charged to your university bill; it may take up to a month for this to show on your bill.
- Payment can be made at time of pick up.
If you have any questions, please contact the Student Health pharmacy at 515-294-7983.